sâmbătă, 26 septembrie 2009

My first attempt to reach the masses

The following poem is very dear to me since it is part of s series of other poems that helped me turn a very difficult period in my life into a source of inspiration. Although it may seem a love poem , it deals rather with the feeling of despair at the thought of having lost a very large period of time waiting for someone, whoever that person may be.


Medusa

I let my pencil slip on the sheet of paper
A hundred times.
A river of winding lines
Destroying its intimacy , its identity.
And reordering it in the shape of my heart.
Intricate , full of thorns and tubes like a potato
Abandoned in a cardboard box and never used again.

A hundred times
I scratch deeper and deeper.
But before stopping I realise those winding  lines
Form a handful of hair

I have grown old and bald
Waiting for you.

2 comentarii:

  1. wow luiza.u started your own blog. i'm so happy. btw can i ask who were u waiting 4 during that time? a guy i don't know about?
    xoxo
    mina

    RăspundețiȘtergere
  2. No,I was just waiting for my aunt to make up her mind about our relationship

    RăspundețiȘtergere